Employers seek employees that not only have a degree but also those that were involved in student clubs and have volunteered their time to the community. Student organizations provide an opportunity for individuals to practice leadership and management skills. The Marketing department is home to an active student life through the American Marketing Association.
American Marketing Association (AMA)
The American Marketing Association provides students with a variety of opportunities that enhance their education experience at CSUSB. Our university chapter of the AMA is a student – run marketing club that provides students with unique opportunities and training for careers in marketing. The club was named Outstanding Student Organization for the 2012-2013 academic year for CSUSB. Further, the CSUSB chapter placed 3rd in the AMA Saves Lives video contest nationwide and was awarded Excellence in Chapter Planning award at the annual AMA International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans in 2013.
Coyote Comedy Club
This is a fundraising event held during Winter Quarter and put on by students enrolled in the Sports & Entertainment Marketing concentration. Students enrolled in Advanced Entertainment Marketing (MKTG 555) develop, organize and promote this night of great laughs for all in attendance.
Note: Advertising poster for the Coyotes of Comedy.
Spring Classic Charity Golf Tournament
Each year the CSUSB Advanced Sports Marketing and Entertainment class (MKTG 550) organizes a charity golf event that supports outstanding academic achievement within the Sports and Entertainment Marketing program. The scholarship is then presented to students in the Sports and Entertainment Marketing discipline. These students celebrate this success with family, friends, loved ones, professors and donors who make our annual scholarship reward possible.
Note: Advertising poster for the Spring Classic Charity.
- Stephanie Harvey - Marketing Management, City of Riverside
- Amanda Flood - Executive Team Leader, Target,
- Michael Kovak - Executive Director, Ronald McDonald House IE
- Rasmey Sam - CEO Asian American Resource Center
- Rami Tameez - President Legacy financial services
- Manal Iskander - Owner, Green Shack Marketplace
- Lowell Trask - Owner, Vacuums etc.
- Jua-Nita Houston - Director of Marketing, External Relations & Diversity, Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio
- Rainier de Ocampo -VP of Marketing at Solar Optimum & Adjunct Professor UCLA
MARKETING ADVISORY BOARD
Back Row: Chanho song, Melika Kordrostami, Michael Kovack, Stephanie Harvey, Rami Tameez, Jacob Poore, and Larry Rose
Front Row: Victoria Seitz, Trisha Wright, and Amanda Flood
- Andrew Oakes - Graphic Design Instructor (CSUSB) and co-owner of Green Acres Design, Redlands
- Jacob Poore - Marketing Coordinator (Coyote Radio & Advertising), CSUSB, and former President of AAF – Inland Empire
- Mandi Batalo - Chair, Art Department, SBVC
- Jill Eaton - Marketing Director, Komen IE
- Trisha Wright - QBE Insurance
- Axel Spangenberg - Director, Product Marketing Spectrum Brands
- Steve Pelle - Inland Empire 66ers Baseball
- Jacqueline Ash - Marketing Coordinator, Arrowhead Orthopaedics