The Master of Science in Accountancy (MSA) prepares students for a wide range of employment opportunities in public accounting, industry, finance, government and nonprofit organizations, and higher education. The program is designed to prepare graduates who:
- possess knowledge and skills in professional accounting.
- can successfully pursue professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CMA, CIA).
- are capable of becoming leaders who exhibit high standards of professional ethical conduct.
- are interested in pursuing doctoral and research studies.
About Program Accreditation
The College of Business and Public Administration is accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The MSA program is included in this accreditation. Less than 5% of the world's business schools have this accreditation - CSUSB's MSA program has.
AACSB International represents:
- the highest standard of achievement for business schools, worldwide.
- the hallmark of excellence in management education.
- Institutions that earn this accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review.
The AACSB came into being in 1916 with the objective to help business schools widen their network and create forums where industry related issues may be discussed. AACSB accredited MSA programs can be trusted for quality as accreditation is granted only after the comprehensive review of an institution’s business education standard. Standards are continuously updated to reflect the transforming needs of business enterprises.